A COMPETITION ORGANIZED BY AIESEC IN UNIVERISTY OF COLOMBO
AIESEC in Colombo Central, which is one of the leading youth-led organizations at the University of Colombo, will be hosting a virtual event titled ‘’EMERGING ENTREPRENEUR”, which is a platform for the youth to showcase their Entrepreneurial Skills whilst enhancing their skills in Business Analysis & Consultancy.
The event is based on four main partner companies representing four different sectors, the company presents one of its aggravating underlying issues it faces to the team and the contestants bring about their creativeness and innovation on stage to create breakthrough and mind-blowing strategies for the company to cross the hurdle.
- Food & Beverages Sector – Supreme Lanka Agro Products (PVT) Ltd
- Manufacturing Sector – Odiris Engineering (PVT) Ltd
- Digital Based Solutions Sector – Tek Geeks (PVT) Ltd
- Herbal Healthcare Products Sector – Link Natural Products (PVT) Ltd.
Competitors were assigned to an Enterprise and they were given the opportunity to design a strategic and detailed plan to approach the issue.
The competition was open to students and undergraduates from various different areas of study to put on the thinking hat and play the field. The first round was a very daunting task for the panel of judges to eliminate contestants and chose the top of the cream to compete in the Grand Finale which will be an unparalleled experience for contestants to showcase their talent and create a win-win for the sector they represent which is expected to be a challenging and a mind-blowing round to witness.
The sectors awaiting transformation and teams all set to compete in the Grand Finale are:
- Manufacturing Sector : Team Victorious, Team Vikings
- Food & Beverages Sector : Team Trafalgar, Team CYRAYS
- Herbal Healthcare Products Sector : Team Shadow, Team Rebelle
- Digital Based Solutions Sector : Team WANDERES, Team OutOfScope
The Grand Finale comprises of an exciting round of innovative idea presentation for all the four sectors to answer the question ‘who will take home the Championship’ followed by a nail-biting round to choose ‘The Most Strategic Pitcher’ and ‘The Most Popular Team’ .
The eminent judge panelists for the competition includes,
- Mr.Dhanika Perera, the CEO of Bhasha Lanka (PVT) Ltd, and the Founder of Helakuru, PayHere & ShopHere.
- Dr. Ravinda Perera, Senior Lecturer, Department of Management & Organization Studies, Faculty of Management & Finance, University of Colombo.
- Mrs. Pulani Ranasinghe, Founder of Loons Lab, Former Vice President for IM&COM at AIESEC in Sri Lanka & the Director of Layer 7 Innovation.
- Professor Lalith Edirisnghe, Dean, Faculty of Management & Social Sciences & the Head of CINEC Society Linkage Cell.
Further the host for the evening is Ms.Bernadine Jayasinghe who is an Entrepreneur, Lecturer, President’s Award Winning TV Presenter, Trainer International Winning Speaker, Managing Director – IES ( PVT ) LTD & an Award Winning News Anchor. The Grand Finale will take place on the Saturday the 13th of February, from 4.00PM to 6.00PM via zoom and will also be live streamed on Facebook live platforms. Do you want to be a part of this magnificent contest? Here’s the link to catch the event live.
Visit the ‘EMERGING ENTREPRENEUR’ Facebook event page for more details.
AIESEC is the world’s largest youth-led organization and currently operates in over 120 countries worldwide. AIESEC in Colombo Central Local Committee is a part of AIESEC in Sri Lanka, which works towards realizing the goals of AIESEC and provides leadership opportunities to the undergraduates at the University of Colombo so that they could make a positive impact on the Sri Lankan community as well as the world.